The Floating Carousel is a widget you can embed on your website that displays your latest reviews one at a time. It’s usually placed at the bottom left corner of your website and remains there as the user scrolls through the page.
Review carousels are customizable so you’re displaying the reviews you want on your website on any page.
You can access the Floating Carousel in your ReviewMaxer account under “Reviews” on the left. Then click the “Review Stream” tab. Based on your business goals, the following options can be edited to customize your Floating Carousel widget:
- Show reviews?: Toggle on to display review content. Toggle off to remove them. This is toggled on by default.
- Include empty?: Toggle on to display reviews with no content. This means reviews with just star ratings, no other reviewer feedback
- Show aggregate?: Toggle on to display the business’ aggregate rating. If Show reviews is also toggled on, the aggregate rating will appear above the reviews.
- Use the reviewer’s last initial?: Toggle on to use only the last initial of your reviewer’s name.
- # of reviews: Change the number of reviews displayed in your stream at once. The carousel can roll through the 50 most recent reviews.
- _____ reviews from_____: Use this setting to restrict the content of your review stream to specific review sites (by default, the stream will pull from all listings you have loaded in for a listing).
- Display as carousel: This option will display only one review at a time, rotating between the # of reviews every few seconds.
- Shuffle reviews: This option will display a random set of reviews instead of the most recent.
Once you have updated all of the settings, select the “Update Embed Code” button. The code will adjust to reflect the changes you have made. Copy the text from the “Floating Carousel” text box, and paste the embed code in the footer of your webpage.